Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is there a way to embed Jira fields in to Confluence pages?

Devin Griffin August 27, 2021

I would like to embed the "Description" field of a Story type issue into a Confluence page so that Jira will not have to be open to read the information. Currently I can add a link to the Jira story which goes to Jira when the link is selected.

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Kishan Sharma
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
August 27, 2021

Hi @Devin Griffin 

You can use Jira Issues Macro on your confluence page to display information from JIRA. You will need to choose "Description" in the columns to display option in the macro.

Eirik Marquez July 3, 2023

Hey Kishan, will this just add the column to an existing Jira table? I was attempting to do the same thing, however, using a normal confluence table. In one of the columns, I just wanted to pull certain fields, such as the Title and Description. Do you know if this would be possible? 

Kishan Sharma
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
July 4, 2023

Hi @Eirik Marquez 
Welcome to the Atlassian Community!
Yes that is very much possible. You can use Jira Issue Macro within a column of your Confluence Table. See example below -

2023-07-04 13_04_50-2021-11-23.jpg

mark_liebold January 8, 2024

Hi @Kishan Sharma

is there also a way to display the information fields from a single JIRA issue? I want the "fix version" and "status" fields of a single JIRA issue shown on a confluence page. As soon as I have configured the query so it only picks the single issue I am looking for, the table view with the different fields is not available anymore but it shows the issue as it would be embedded (inline view) on the confluence page.

Thank you,

Mark  

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events