Is there a way to create an internal tumblr-like blog with Confluence?

J
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
August 23, 2011

I want to create a couple of tumblr-like blogs within confluence to promote knowledge-sharing. One is a TipsAndTricks blog. Here's an example of how it would function:

Any user could add a post to the TipsAndTricks blog. Most, if not all would be a link to an article, along with a title and a brief comment. Posts could also be tagged. Ideally the blog could be consumed as an RSS feed if necessary.

I can sort of set something like this up, but it seems really clunky, so I imagine I'm setting something up wrong. Also, I'd like some areas to be setup so that posts *require* a link (so baically the blog is just a list of links recommneded by users, along with a brief comments). For these blogs, the RSS feed would actually be links to these external articles along with our user's comments.

Is there an easy way to do what I'm trying to do within confluence, or should I be using another tool? Thanks,

-John

4 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Sherif Mansour
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
August 23, 2011

Good question, John. You make a good point. Right now Confluence is great for creating and sharing large forms of content. We haven't spent much type tackling the ability to easily create and share short and quick posts of content. This is something we whope to work on in the near future...

I'd be interested to hear from anyone else watching this thread on what their thoughts are on this topic, or if they've found ways to customise Confluence to help them do this...

0 votes
Kristin Bitler August 25, 2017

This is down the list in a Google search so I'm just seeing this. We've recently looked at Pinboard by Brikit but it seems very limited. We're a county office of education and Confluence is great for our Intra/Extranet but we need to get some community oriented "fun" things implemented to bring more visibility to our communities. 

Wish there was a more robust add-on for a feature like this.

0 votes
pedro rosas
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
July 19, 2015

Hola! yes i need a tumblr connection... any updates since  2011 ?

0 votes
Michael R. Uziel
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
July 29, 2014

I'm looking for something very similar. Our art team would like to have a Pinterest or Tumblr style image board on Confluence, but unfortunately adding images, organizing, and tagging them is very clunky (unless I'm doing something wrong, which is entirely possible). Any thoughts on this becoming a feature? It would greatly empower us in the creative industry.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events