Is there a way to create a API token at organization level instead individual user API token?

prabhu chilukuri March 29, 2021

Hi Team,

We are trying to connect our internal KB with confluence to do a API text  search for documentation. Is there a way to create a API token at organization level instead individual user API token?

Thanks,

Prabhu Ch

2 answers

0 votes
marc -Collabello--Phase Locked-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 30, 2021

@prabhu chilukuriConfluence Cloud only has user API tokens.  It might make sense to create a specific user for your use case, with restricted access.  Then use the API token of this user from your internal KB.

0 votes
Warren
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 30, 2021

Hi @prabhu chilukuri 

I had a similar need / thought a few years ago. The only way around it that I could see was to create another user (all you need is an additional email address) and use that for all APIs.

I'm not aware of a way of doing what you're asking, because the token is only generated on a per user basis

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events