Is there a way to automate the export of pocketquery as a regular backup

Nathaniel Wright May 3, 2016

Pocketquery has a import/export manual function however, is there a way to automate the export (as a backup) so it is performed on a regular basis e.g. once a week?

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Felix Grund (Scandio)
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 4, 2016

Hi Nathaniel,

I haven't thought about this before but it should be possible quite easily. The export is triggered by a GET request to this URL: <base-url>/admin/pocketquery/export.action. The only requirement is that the triggering user is a Confluence administrator.

So you can write a simple script that triggers a GET request with authentication as an admin user to that URL and save the response. The response should be the XML file that you can download manually.

Let me know if this is enough information of if you need further advise.

Regards, Felix (Scandio)

Nathaniel Wright May 5, 2016

Hi Felix,

Thank you, that works. If you happen to know how to easily script the admin elevation in Confluence that would be appreciated - otherwise it's the Selenium route for me to get past the 2nd authentication requirement once logged in to elevate for admin access.

Nathaniel.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events