Is there a macro/plug-in to download all attachments, in their original format, for entire Space?

Brett Jarvis April 24, 2019

Is there a way to download all the attachments irrespective of page where it is attached? 

Is there a macro or plug-in to download all the attachments, in their original format, for an entire Space? 

Thank you,

Brett

1 answer

0 votes
Ollie Guan
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 24, 2019
Brett Jarvis April 25, 2019

Ollie, 

Colleagues of mine and I looked all over for a suitable answer but found none.  We did find the link you provided, in fact, I posted a response at the bottom of the page, because Shannon Spaniol DID NOT answer Dhanshree Agrahari's original question which is why Dhanshree asked the question again.

Hence, there is no solution provided, which is why I posted a new question.  

My colleagues and I would like to know if Atlassian has an answer to this question.

Thank you!

Brett Jarvis April 26, 2019

Ollie, I keep getting emails that 

https://community.atlassian.com/t5/Confluence-questions/Plugin-for-bulk-download-of-files-attached-to-confluence/qaq-p/632464 answers the question, but as stated previously, colleagues of mine and I looked all over for a suitable answer but found none. 

We did find the link you provided, in fact, I posted a response at the bottom of the page, because Shannon Spaniol DID NOT ANSWER Dhanshree Agrahari's original question which is why Dhanshree asked the question again.

Hence, NO SOLUTION HAS BEEN PROVIDED, which is why I posted a new question.  

My colleagues and I would STILL like to know if Atlassian has an answer to this question.

Thank you,

Like Ollie Guan likes this
Brett Jarvis May 3, 2019

The article (1) provided does not answer our original question (2). This forces my team to recommend that our organization not renew our lease which supports 1000+ users.

Our recommendation is MS SharePoint which has an inherent solution to download all the attachments from an entire "Space" without requiring agents go individually to each page to download.

We would feel remiss if we did not note that the article (1) does not answer the original question posed by Ms. Agrahari. Ms. Agrahari responded that the use WebDAV client did not solve her problem since she stated, “We do not have option of download all as we have when we use file list template.” For the record, we installed the WebDAV client and discovered the same issue Ms. Agrahari and her team did.

(1) https://community.atlassian.com/t5/Confluence-questions/Plugin-for-bulk-download-of-files-attached-to-confluence/qaq-p/632464

(2) https://community.atlassian.com/t5/Confluence-questions/Is-there-a-macro-plug-in-to-download-all-attachments-in-their/qaq-p/1066841?utm_source=atlcomm&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=accept_as_solution_reminder&utm_content=topic

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events