• Community
  • Products
  • Confluence
  • Questions
  • Is there a limit to how many viewers you can restrict to a page? I seem to run into a problem where the login to view won't work when I have 35 or more restricted viewers.

Is there a limit to how many viewers you can restrict to a page? I seem to run into a problem where the login to view won't work when I have 35 or more restricted viewers.

This question is in reference to Atlassian Documentation: Permissions and Restrictions

Ask your question here...

3 answers

I don't know the direct answer as to whether there is a limit but am interested in it

But you could create a Permissions Group e.g. "Department Alpha" with everyone in that Department a member

Then in the Restrictions instead of having to remember to add/remove Fred or Mary to each page, you just use the Permissions Group - then when you add John and Sue to the "Department Alpha" group, they automatically get that View/Edit access to the Restricted pages

Hi Rodney, I had tried creating a group but ran into the same problem. Thanks for the suggestion, though! Would you have another workaround?

same problem?  we have Groups certainly with a few dozen members and of course "Confluence Users" groups has hundreds of people.

So I haven't come across the problem so I haven't needed a work around ... but maybe if there is a limit I might be hit with the problem later, hence my interest smile

Suggest an answer

Atlassian Community Anniversary

Happy Anniversary, Atlassian Community!

This community is celebrating its one-year anniversary and Atlassian co-founder Mike Cannon-Brookes has all the feels.

Read more
Community showcase
Kesha Thillainayagam
Posted Apr 13, 2018 in Confluence

We want to hear how your non-technical teams are using Confluence!

Hi Community! Kesha (kay-sha) from the Confluence marketing team here! Can you share stories with us on how your non-technical (think Marketing, Sales, HR, legal, etc.) teams are using Confluen...

370 views 20 10
Join discussion

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you