• Community
  • Products
  • Confluence
  • Questions
  • Is there a limit to how many viewers you can restrict to a page? I seem to run into a problem where the login to view won't work when I have 35 or more restricted viewers.

Is there a limit to how many viewers you can restrict to a page? I seem to run into a problem where the login to view won't work when I have 35 or more restricted viewers.

Eric Wong June 9, 2016

This question is in reference to Atlassian Documentation: Permissions and Restrictions

Ask your question here...

3 answers

0 votes
Rodney Hughes
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 9, 2016

same problem?  we have Groups certainly with a few dozen members and of course "Confluence Users" groups has hundreds of people.

So I haven't come across the problem so I haven't needed a work around ... but maybe if there is a limit I might be hit with the problem later, hence my interest smile

0 votes
Eric Wong June 9, 2016

Hi Rodney, I had tried creating a group but ran into the same problem. Thanks for the suggestion, though! Would you have another workaround?

0 votes
Rodney Hughes
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 9, 2016

I don't know the direct answer as to whether there is a limit but am interested in it

But you could create a Permissions Group e.g. "Department Alpha" with everyone in that Department a member

Then in the Restrictions instead of having to remember to add/remove Fred or Mary to each page, you just use the Permissions Group - then when you add John and Sue to the "Department Alpha" group, they automatically get that View/Edit access to the Restricted pages

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events