Is there a keyboard shortcut for moving a paragraph or table row up or down?

Darren Apfel
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
March 28, 2018

I often find myself wanting to reorder a bulleted list or the rows in a table.

In Microsoft Word, OneNote, PowerPoint, etc. you can easily move the current paragraph or table row your cursor happens to be in by pressing Ctrl-Shift-Up Arrow or Ctrl-Shift-Down Arrow (on a Mac, assuming that you don't have those keys mapped to Mission Control) and Alt-Shift-Up Arrow/Down Arrow (on a PC).

This makes reordering items in a list super easy, compared with the alternative and much more cumbersome cutting and pasting.

Is there a way to make this work in the Confluence text editor?

1 answer

0 votes
Ada Chen
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
April 3, 2018

Hi @Darren Apfel - To be honest, I'm not sure if we have the exact shortcuts you mentioned but we do have a guide with our most popular shortcuts available here: https://www.atlassian.com/blog/confluence/keyboard-shortcuts-guide

Darren Apfel
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
April 3, 2018

Hi Ada - I read that article before asking... unfortunately the shortcut I’m looking for doesn’t exist. Yet. Maybe you could add it to the backlog?  It’s super convenient to be able to easily reorder table rows, bullet/numbered lists, or paragraphs by just pressing a shortcut command. Much, much, MUCH better than cut-paste over and over.

Like # people like this
Ada Chen
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
April 3, 2018

Hi @Darren Apfel - We actually allow customers and users to add ideas & suggestions to our backlog on jira.atlassian.com. Depending on if you're using Confluence Server or Cloud, I'd find the appropriate ticket there and upvote it! Happy to track it down or help you create a ticket if you let me know which version you're on.

Like Jens likes this
Dmitry Ree January 16, 2020

Ada - I am also interested in this feature, our confluence version 7.2 (server)

Ada Chen
Atlassian Team
January 16, 2020

Hi @Dmitry Ree - Thanks for commenting. Again, the best way to add ideas & suggestions to our backlog is on jira.atlassian.com. There is nothing on our short-term roadmap for this, but hopefully your feedback will help us prioritize in the future!

Dmitry Ree January 17, 2020

I thought you will help to find the appropriate ticket. Can you please give a more specific link? jira.atlassian.com opens up the main page I have no clue where to navigate from.

Andréas Johansson November 3, 2020

Hi @Ada Chen  I would also very much like this feature, can you please add the exact ticket here if there is one such that more people can vote on it. My organization uses Confluence Cloud.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events