Is there a configuration or addon to enable viewers to hover over a heading to get a link?

Joe Catera December 20, 2018

For instance, many of GitHub READMEs include this feature. Each heading gets an anchor, and the viewer can hover over the heading to copy the link. The customer support engineers at my company would like an easier way to provide links to customers than viewing the page source and finding the `id` of the section that they want to link to. 

Here's an example of a GitHub page w/ this feature: https://github.com/Appdynamics/AppDynamics.DEXTER/wiki

I haven't found any addons or even read any information about this being possible. The only thing I can think of is to update the Doc Theme template, but I'm hoping there is a simpler solution.

1 answer

0 votes
Shannon S
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
December 31, 2018

Hi Joe,

You might be able to use the following add-ons for this purpose:

If you want to suggest it as a feature as well, you can do so from jira.atlassian.com.

Regards,

Shannon

Joe Catera January 4, 2019

Thanks, Shannon, for getting back to me. I'm using the Tooltip macro, but it doesn't create heading links that can be copied. Also, I would like links should be autogenerated for each heading as is done in Github Wiki pages. 

Shannon S
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
January 7, 2019

Joe,

Personally, I'm not aware of any add-ons like that. I have tagged the Marketplace collection in case our community is aware of any solutions for you.

Regards,

Shannon

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events