Is there a backup for Confluence (Cloud) files ?

Dave Nemes June 7, 2022

I was working in a document in Confluence.   The menu bar kept flashing about every 25 seconds.   It would NOT let me Publish the document, and it would NOT let me save the document.   Is there a backup somewhere I can access with respect to my account ?   Dave

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Andy Gladstone
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
June 7, 2022

@Dave Nemes Welcome to Confluence Cloud!

In general, there is no backup of Confluence Cloud as all of the files and data are stored on your cloud instance and should be accessible unless you permanently delete the files/pages.

Your scenario sounds like there should be a draft saved for the work you were doing - even if your publish request timed out. Confluence autosaves as you go, so this creates a draft – an unpublished page that you can get back to at any time by heading to your Home page and select Drafts from panel on the left under your profile picture/avatar. 

Can you see this draft there? 

Dave Nemes June 7, 2022

Hi Andy...

Yes I can see the untitled draft in DRAFTS.   There are a few edits missing, but 10 mins work compared to 3 hours work to re-create it!   Thank you so much for responding and suggesting to look in DRAFT, very much appreciated.

Thank you Andy...

Dave

Andy Gladstone
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
June 8, 2022

Great! Glad this helped. Please mark the answer as accepted when you have a chance, it will help others looking for similar content.

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events