Is the Space Jump macro going away with the Documentation theme?

Jeremy Seely October 26, 2015

This question is in reference to Atlassian Documentation: Space Jump Macro

The documentation page for the Space Jump macro states that the Documentation theme is being deprecated in Confluence 6.0, but it is unclear whether this means the Space Jump macro will be deprecated along with it, or be rolled into the regular Confluence theme. Does anyone have an answer on this?

4 answers

0 votes
Helen Griffith May 31, 2016

WHY?!?!?! Why would you remove features?!

0 votes
Rachel Robins
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
April 10, 2016

Hi Jeremy, 

Sorry for the extremely late reply, I hadn't come across this question previously. 

The Space Jump macro will be removed along with the documentation theme in Confluence 6.0. You can find out more in our FAQ Documentation theme migration FAQ (this page was specifically written for Cloud customers, but many of the questions and answers are the same). 

Roman Gagarskiy June 22, 2017

Hi Rachel, I just faced the same problem. What do you suggest to use instead of spacejump macro? Upgrade FAQ page states only how to find all usages of that macro but it does not say anything what to use instead.

0 votes
Christoph Meier January 19, 2016

There is another page about this topic - (https://confluence.atlassian.com/conf57/space-jump-macro-701435088.html) ... beside other things it mentions:
This is an advance notice that we plan to merge the functionality of the Confluence Documentation ... If you are interested in this change and would like to give us feedback, please add a comment on this blog post: ...

However ... there is no working link to a blog post where i could add comments.

Until now i also was not able to find a JIRA issue about.
hm ... :-| 

0 votes
Christoph Meier January 19, 2016

I was wondering the same thing. I guess, the same macro won't be available anymore. So, the question is, whether there will be a replacement available with confluence 6 or whether we have to implement a custom solution.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events