Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is it possible to make bulk changes to pages?

olivia March 4, 2021

I was wondering if there's an easy to way to make "bulk" changes to a number of different pages - i.e. adding a "related pages by label" section, creating a header section that you can add to all pages, etc.

2 answers

0 votes
Stavros_Rougas_EasyApps
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
June 8, 2023

Oliva I share your pain about bulk editing. So we built a new app to add bulk editing features for Confluence cloud, it's called Easy Toolbox for Confluence.

So far find and replace, edit labels, edit links, add prefix/suffix, and transform text. Label editing soon and lots more in pipeline. Reach out to tell me what you want to see stavros@easyapps.app.

0 votes
Shannon S
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
March 8, 2021

Hi Olivia,

Welcome to Atlassian Community. It's nice to have you join us!

Confluence can't currently perform bulk changes to pages like the ones you mention, but I can help you identify workarounds to solve your specifications.

1. You can use the Excerpt Macro to include an excerpt from another page. Note that this may not work in combination with Confluence's other macros.
    1. For a header section, your site administrator has the option to add a custom header or footer using Confluence Wiki Markup that can apply to all pages. They will be able to find this under the Look and Feel settings in the Confluence admin portal. For more information, review Change the Look and Feel of Confluence Cloud.
  2. You can try an Atlassian Marketplace add-on, such as one of the scaffolding add-ons, Scriptrunner, and more. Some examples below:

You can also try using the Confluence Cloud REST-API to script your changes. For more information, review the Confluence Cloud pages on Atlassian Developer

Finally, we have a feature request below to introduce some bulk functions to Confluence, but they will not likely be like those you describe. It's more likely to be administration functions, such as bulk page deletion, etc. If you're still interested in a feature like that, click Vote for this issue on the link below. You may find you need to log in again if you are not able to vote.

I hope this helps, but if you have any questions about anything I've gone over, please let me know!

Take care,

Shannon

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events