Come for the products,
stay for the community

The Atlassian Community can help you and your team get more value out of Atlassian products and practices.

Atlassian Community about banner
Community Members

Community Events
Community Groups

Is it possible to give read/write permission to a page WITHOUT access to the parent space?

We need to give access to the SPECIFIC Confluence pages to the external vendors without reconfiguring our pages/spaces. Is it possible to give access to specific confluence pages WITHOUT accessing other (sibling) pages in the parent space or any other spaces in the hierarchy?

3 answers

3 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted

Hi Mahesh,

As Carla and Dave said, I also think it's better you create a dedicated space.

If you want to have the same page in the new space and existing space, I recommend you Space Sync for Confluence to sync the pages.
The app helps you to have the same page in multiple spaces.

(Disclaimer: I'm one of the folks in the vendor of the app.)

Thank you! That is something new. Will try that definitely.

1 vote
Answer accepted

I agree permissions are inherited from space to pages. Better to make a space for vendor and do a page include. 

That's what I wind up doing. Thank you for the response.

0 votes
Answer accepted

No. You would need to grant "View" permission on the Space to allow them access to the Space.  At that point, they would be able to see all pages that do not have Page Restrictions on them.

It's probably better to move those pages to a dedicated Space for the vendors.

Yes, I had to give global permission first and then have to restrict individual permissions on pages.  Without global permissions vendors cannot create/edit pages I wanted to them to do. Thank you for the response!

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
Community showcase
Published in Confluence

An update on Confluence Cloud customer feedback – June 2022

Hi everyone, We’re always looking at how to improve Confluence and customer feedback plays an important role in making sure we're investing in the areas that will bring the most value to the most c...

320 views 2 7
Read article

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you