Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is it possible to give read/write permission to a page WITHOUT access to the parent space?

Mahesh Mehta May 16, 2022

We need to give access to the SPECIFIC Confluence pages to the external vendors without reconfiguring our pages/spaces. Is it possible to give access to specific confluence pages WITHOUT accessing other (sibling) pages in the parent space or any other spaces in the hierarchy?

3 answers

3 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Takafumi Ohtake -Ricksoft-
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
May 16, 2022

Hi Mahesh,

As Carla and Dave said, I also think it's better you create a dedicated space.

If you want to have the same page in the new space and existing space, I recommend you Space Sync for Confluence to sync the pages.
The app helps you to have the same page in multiple spaces.

(Disclaimer: I'm one of the folks in the vendor of the app.)

Mahesh Mehta May 18, 2022

Thank you! That is something new. Will try that definitely.

1 vote
Answer accepted
Carla Ann Rowland
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 16, 2022

I agree permissions are inherited from space to pages. Better to make a space for vendor and do a page include. 

That's what I wind up doing. Thank you for the response.

0 votes
Answer accepted
Dave Theodore [Coyote Creek Consulting]
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 16, 2022

No. You would need to grant "View" permission on the Space to allow them access to the Space.  At that point, they would be able to see all pages that do not have Page Restrictions on them.

It's probably better to move those pages to a dedicated Space for the vendors.

Yes, I had to give global permission first and then have to restrict individual permissions on pages.  Without global permissions vendors cannot create/edit pages I wanted to them to do. Thank you for the response!

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events