Is it possible to display labels that a blog post is tagged with on the blog post macro

Melanie Whyte June 9, 2017

Hi, I use the blog post macro on one of my confluence pages.  It provides a snippet of the content in the post, but i would really like to be able to display the labels that the post is tagged with in this view. I cant seem to find a way to make that work. Is it actually possible?

Many thanks, melanie :)

1 answer

0 votes
AnnWorley
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
June 9, 2017

It is displaying the labels by default on mine, by the edit button:

Screen Shot 2017-06-09 at 4.32.36 PM.png

What version of Confluence are you using?

Melanie Whyte June 10, 2017

Hi Ann, thanks for coming back to me.

I am using 

Thanks

Melanie

Melanie Whyte June 10, 2017

actually my whole view looks different to yours as I also can not comment

Screen Shot 2017-06-10 at 09.24.38.png

AnnWorley
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
June 12, 2017

I just tested on a Cloud instance and the macro appears pretty much the same as it did in my previous screen shot. If you are an administrator for the space, please check your permissions to see if you can add comments in that space.

I wonder if your instance is using the bundled version of the macro or one that is provided by a plugin. 

If you have time, please paste the storage format in a code block on this forum. 

1. Click on the ellipsis (…) in the top right-hand corner and select View Storage Format from the dropdown. 
  2. Copy the storage format to your clipboard and paste it into the box that comes up when you hit the <> on the toolbar. Mine looks like this:
<p><ac:structured-macro ac:name="blog-posts" ac:schema-version="1" ac:macro-id="a9b4cd40-c572-45af-8be0-d97e360393e2"><ac:parameter ac:name="labels">label1</ac:parameter></ac:structured-macro></p>

Melanie Whyte June 16, 2017

Hi Ann,

I have had a look at permissions and it seems that commenting is enabled for the space (picture below)

I have added the storage format as well

Thanks again

<ac:layout><ac:layout-section ac:type="two_right_sidebar"><ac:layout-cell>
<h1 style="text-align: center;"><span style="color: rgb(51,204,204);">Fry Chat</span></h1>
<p style="text-align: left;"><br /></p>
<p style="text-align: left;"><ac:structured-macro ac:name="blog-posts" ac:schema-version="1" ac:macro-id="fd54bd76-0a3b-43c5-8676-48bd9f7c4b69"><ac:parameter ac:name="max">50</ac:parameter><ac:parameter ac:name="excludedLabels">kb-how-to-article,kb-troubleshooting-article</ac:parameter><ac:parameter ac:name="spaces"><ri:space ri:space-key="EP PRAC WIKI HAIK" /></ac:parameter><ac:parameter ac:name="sort">creation</ac:parameter><ac:parameter ac:name="reverse">true</ac:parameter><ac:parameter ac:name="content">excerpts</ac:parameter></ac:structured-macro></p></ac:layout-cell><ac:layout-cell>
<p class="auto-cursor-target"><br /></p><ac:structured-macro ac:name="bgcolor" ac:schema-version="1" ac:macro-id="9e0edfbf-b08c-45df-b547-9a4839beaf45"><ac:parameter ac:name="color">#e3e3e3</ac:parameter><ac:rich-text-body>
<h1 style="text-align: center;"><span style="color: rgb(51,204,204);">Fry-nance</span></h1>
<p style="text-align: center;">Latest Finance and company update</p>
<p style="text-align: center;"><ac:structured-macro ac:name="view-file" ac:schema-version="1" ac:macro-id="9774d6bf-ed38-49be-97e9-4001022c6f0d"><ac:parameter ac:name="name"><ri:attachment ri:filename="Frynance_ June 2017-2.pdf" ri:version-at-save="1" /></ac:parameter><ac:parameter ac:name="height">250</ac:parameter></ac:structured-macro></p>
<p style="text-align: center;"><br /></p>
<h1 style="text-align: center;"><span style="color: rgb(51,204,204);">Blog Tags</span></h1>
<p style="text-align: center;"><ac:structured-macro ac:name="listlabels" ac:schema-version="1" ac:macro-id="70c0c637-c459-4f77-a86a-7f6b98b8b34b" /></p>
<p style="text-align: center;"><br /></p></ac:rich-text-body></ac:structured-macro><br /><br /><br />
<p class="auto-cursor-target"><br /></p>
<p class="auto-cursor-target" style="text-align: center;"><br /></p></ac:layout-cell></ac:layout-section></ac:layout>

Screen Shot 2017-06-16 at 15.55.36.png

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events