Is it possible to adapt column width in the decision report macro?

Clara Matheus March 29, 2021

Hello everyone,

I am a huge fan of the new decision report macro that allows you to track logged decisions from a bunch of different pages in one place.

However, when I use the feature, it often distorts the first column containing names of the pages where the decision was originally logged, because the first column has a very low width. This makes it hard to track what topic the decision is referring to. Making the displayed field bigger by selecting "Go wide" or "Full width" in edit mode improves the situation slightly, but makes the whole table less appealing. The problem is bigger when using Google Chrome, but still persists to a lesser degree when using Firefox.

I have not identified any place in the macro edit mode where I can select a column width, or found any article referring to this issue. Does someone have any experience that may help? Am I overlooking something?

Thanks in advance!

2 answers

3 votes
Katerina Kovriga {Stiltsoft}
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 30, 2021

Hi @Clara Matheus , there is a workaround using the Table Filter and Charts for Confluence app. 

Wrap your Decision Report into the Table Transformer macro and follow this example to set the predefined column width.

Hope this may help your case.

0 votes
Diego
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
March 31, 2021

Hello there @Clara Matheus!

Resizing columns in the Decisions report macro is not possible as of today.

However ,the behavior you described is a bug that I am able to replicate locally in Confluence.I have filed it under this report:

CONFCLOUD-71906 - Displaying decisions with long text on the Decisions Report macro breaks the Page title Column on the macro after publishing

Thank you for sharing this experience with us. I would love to see you sharing how this affects your experience with our macro there in the report I just created.

Let us hear from you!

Patrick MESCHER October 18, 2022

Diego, 

I understand that this behavior may be worse in chrome than firefox, and the bug page it says that it is a low priority so it doesn't seem like it will be fixed in the near future.

However, this recently became a problem on our chrome based environment and has become a very clumsy if not distracting issue since we make great use of DECISION Report and other such reports and formatting  in our very large organization. 

PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE fix this. I would like to continue using the product as it was intended. I would like to think my teams do not need to be SW Engineers to make the products work. 

Also, it appears the development of the DECISION report and that of the TASK/ACTION report were not done consistently. Each has different options and limitations. 

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events