Is anyone having an issue with the macro @Mention?

Manessa Hall October 16, 2013

When I try to use it for a new user, then it is not allowing me to mention them. The @Mention works for our other users though.

6 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Manessa Hall November 10, 2013

Here was our answer: We did a re-index for the product, and it corrected the @mention macro.

0 votes
William Zanchet [Atlassian]
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 3, 2013

Hi Manessa,

The mention feature rely on Confluence's index. If we have a malformed index, we can have problems trying to find users when we use such feature. This problem usually happens after an upgrade or a Confluence that is running for a long time. To fix the problem, we need to do a rebuild of content indexes from scratch.

I hope this helps.
WZ

0 votes
Manessa Hall November 3, 2013

We did a re-index for the product, and it corrected the @mention macro.

0 votes
Manessa Hall November 3, 2013

We did a re-index for the product, and it corrected the @mention macro.

0 votes
Daniel Jonsson October 16, 2013

Have you checked "Browse Users" under "Global Permissions" and made sure that the correct groups are added?

0 votes
Daniela Scheiwe
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 16, 2013

Hi! Do you use external user management? If yes, a user directory sync might solve the problem!

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events