Introducing Confluence in my Company

Alyson Reis May 23, 2018

Hi everyone,

We have been discussing the possibility of using Confluence as our official global documentation tool in my company for the past weeks and I'm one of the focal points for this initiative.

The above being said, I have a few questions regarding how we can engage Atlassian on this:

1) Is there any Confluence representative that we could engage on a conference call that would introduce Confluence and explore some common best practices? Having an expert providing insights is definitely better than only sharing documentation. (IDEAL)

2) Is there any general on-boarding material that explains the main features from a business perspective? I searched the knowledge base but there are way TOO many docs there, I'd appreciate some hints here.

Thanks in advance.

1 answer

0 votes
AnnWorley
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
May 23, 2018

While we don't have a team at Atlassian that handles demos with evaluators, we have a network of Atlassian Solutions Partners that act as our professional services arm. If you like, we are happy to make a referral for you, based on:

• Where is your office physically located?

• How many people will be present for the demo?

• Are you planning to install licensed products on your own servers, or are you interested in our hosted Cloud service, or working with other hosting providers?

• Is this departmental or organization wide?

• How many people will be using the product?

• Do you anticipate requesting additional assistance with professional services? If so, which types? (ie: setup, training, migrating, custom development, etc)

Another option is to try online courses available through Atlassian University

Alyson Reis May 24, 2018

Hi Ann,

Thanks for your response. As for your questions:

• Where is your office physically located? We have sites all around the globe, but I'm based in Brazil
  • How many people will be present for the demo? It will need to be a web conference, I'd expect from 10 to 50 people online at the most.
  • Are you planning to install licensed products on your own servers, or are you interested in our hosted Cloud service, or working with other hosting providers? I forgot to mention, but we already have a working Confluence instance with a Commercial License in place. I'm just not entirely sure if it's a cloud or standalone instance.
  • Is this departmental or organization wide? Yes
  • How many people will be using the product? Many =). I can't really anticipate a number, but I believe it's already being used by approx. 100 people, the idea is to at least double that number.
  • Do you anticipate requesting additional assistance with professional services? If so, which types? (ie: setup, training, migrating, custom development, etc) No

Thanks

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events