Integrating Adobe Acrobat

Karla La Motta March 15, 2018

I'm looking to integrate Adobe Acrobat XI Pro (forms, signatures, etc) with Confluence to have a cohesive workflow that's easily accessible by all. 

Does anyone know if this is possible? I'm on the most recent Confluence update (6.7).

Thank you in advance for any insight!

3 answers

1 vote
Igor M.
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
March 16, 2018

Hey,

I don't think you can integrate them to be seamless, but you can use plug-ins like GoEdit to edit attachments, as long as the user has an application required to edit document installed locally. There is a demo available on plug-in developers page, where you can test uploading PDF files and then editing them or signing them using your locally installed Adobe Acrobat XI Pro.

Karla La Motta March 19, 2018

Yes, something like GoEdit's functionality is what I'm looking for but was trying to find out if I can do that without the "middleman" and just directly use Adobe Acrobat XI Pro. Thank you for the suggestion!

0 votes
Lois Leonhardi July 27, 2020

Did you ever resolve this issue? I am trying to do something similar.

I'm using GoEdit (for users to provide input into an attached fillable PDF form) and then using Adobe sign for the signature piece....but there's no tracking within the Jira ticket of the signatures and the solution is an awkward user experience for those less comfortable using tech.

I just found a Docusign App that looks to be more fully integrated...but it costs $$

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HCCswF-1YEw

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 15, 2018

You will need to explain "integrate" more.  What does the user see when you "integrate"?

Karla La Motta March 19, 2018

What I mean by "integrated" is two-fold. 1) The user will be able to see an uploaded Adobe Acrobat document in the workflow and fill out the form/e-sign the document/whatever needs to be done and then pass along, and 2) The user will be able to upload a document in PDF format (i.e. if it's a Word document, have an option to "Upload as PDF").

Like # people like this

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events