Insert content between top of page and table

Stephen Fromm April 8, 2022

I created a page, and then a table at the top of the page.  Now I want to insert content above the page, but I can't seem to do it in the editor.

3 answers

1 accepted

9 votes
Answer accepted
Jesse Kona April 8, 2022

Put your cursor at the beginning of the header for the first column of the table

Screenshot 2022-04-08 084901.jpg

then press the left arrow on your keyboard twice.  The cursor should now be to the left of the entire table (and big, as tall as the table). 

Screenshot 2022-04-08 085019.jpg

Now, hit enter to create a space above the table but below the header.

Fadoua
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 8, 2022

@Jesse Kona hitting the cursor twice is the trick. It never worked for me before but after hitting twice it did it. That's why I suggested the layout because I have been doing it. Thanks for the trick!

Like Jesse Kona likes this
Jesse Kona April 8, 2022

@Fadouaglad to hear it!

Like Joan Milewski likes this
Joan Milewski April 27, 2023

Thank you so much!  I had the same question and your answer solved it for me!

Like Jesse Kona likes this
0 votes
Darryl Lee
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
April 8, 2022

Hi @Stephen Fromm ,

This is Darryl. I am here to help.

I just tested it, if you begin editing the 1st column of the 1st row, hits the left carrots (left direction key) keys twice, and following hit the return/enter, you will be able to have an empty line on top of the table.

For example:

https://share.getcloudapp.com/yAuKKdd7

Hope this helps.

Kind regards,
Darryl Lee
Support Engineer, Atlassian

0 votes
Fadoua
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 8, 2022

@Stephen Fromm 

Try to add layout and you will be able to achieve the result you are looking for

Screen Shot 2022-04-08 at 11.41.37 AM.png

Let me know if you have any questions.

Best,

Fadoua

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events