Including identical content across multiple pages

Gregory Muir September 20, 2022

So I'm looking at this and am not sure if I've got a good idea or a bad idea. 

So there's the Excerpt macro, only it applies once per source page though the destination page can invoke the excerpt macro from multiple source pages. If you put two macros on the source page, only the top one gets read. 

So it looks like if I have multiple identical text fields to include across the multiple pages, each source will have to basically be a single page that is quoted and consists only of the material in the excerpt and that's one way to make it work. 

I see there's a table excerpt that should let multiple calls come from one source page but that looks like it's mainly for the tabular data and mine is all paragraphs. 

Do I have the best solution outside of paying for macros or is there a smarter way to do this I'm overlooking?

1 answer

5 votes
Katerina Kovriga _Stiltsoft_
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 21, 2022

Hi @Gregory Muir ,

Our Table Excerpt/Table Excerpt Include macros can build combined reports with meta data from reused tables indeed, but you can pull paragraphs as well - the Table Excerpt Include macro will collect any data that is contained within the Table Excerpt macros.

The "Table" part here is more of the brand: the app is called "Table Filter and Charts for Confluence", so our macros have the same name pattern: Table Filter, Table Spreadsheet, Table Excerpt, etc.

Katerina Kovriga _Stiltsoft_
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 21, 2022

By the way, if your hosting is Cloud, it seems that the standard Excerpt macros have IDs (Excerpts' names) and can be pulled separately (not only the first one). For Server/Data Center this feature is not still introduced.

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events