Include page macro: Emojis are not displayed correctly

Jakob B_ October 12, 2020

Hey Community, 

when I use the include page macro to mirror a page, most of the emojis of the source page won't be displayed correctly on the target page, only a star-symbol instead. I've only found one emoji, the wink smiley which is displayed correctly on the target page. All others I'ver tried out, e.g. :sunglasses: , :envelope: , :muscle: are replaces by a blue star symbol on the target page.

Any ideas?

Best, 

Jakob

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
David at David Simpson Apps
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
October 12, 2020

Yes, it's definitely a bug.

Screenshot 2020-10-12 at 09.57.39.png

Looking at the markup, they are rendering the emojis in the include macro completely differently to in the page that they are included from:

Screenshot 2020-10-12 at 10.00.01.png

The best thing to do would be open a support ticket with Atlassian.

Jakob B_ October 12, 2020

Thank you David. I will open a ticket then.

Annina Chrystal December 8, 2020

I raised a ticket with Atlassian support as this issue also occurs with the Include Blog Post Macro.  This is the reply I received:

Your observation has been confirmed to be a bug where certain emojis are not rendered correctly inside the blog post macros. We have raised a public bug for your observation. You can click the "This affects my team" button on the top right of the bug. So you will get a notification when the Engineering team updates the bug. Also, any bug will follow the Atlassian bug policy.

Steven Baele November 28, 2021

FYI this bug still has not been resolved.

Michał Siedlecki September 22, 2022

Yep, still not resolved

Like brent_gladney likes this

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders