Include excerpts from older versions of pages on a page?

André_Haase
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
March 16, 2018

I need to create pages for documentation purposes (monthly reports). That pages shall include content from a lot of other pages.

If I use the standard excerpt macro it always includes the excerpt from the actual page. But I need to include the information from older versions of the page.

Due to I have to create monthly reports I would like to build a template for that. I don't want to have to do lot of manual changes every time I create a report.

For that I need to use the pageid instead of the page name from which I want to include the excerpt. But this isn't working.

Do you have any tip for me how to build that? If I am using the pageid I get an error that the page doesn't exist.

Thank you very much.

1 answer

0 votes
Damien Tan
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
May 15, 2018

Hello @André_Haase

It sounded like you'd like to have the Excerpt Include macro to include the content from a History Page in Confluence.

A Page's history is not considered as a current content so as far as I'm aware, there isn't a native way to get the information in Excerpt Macro from a History Page to be displayed in the page. 

Unless if you're having a different page for each of your monthly reports, then you can then have multiple Excerpt Include in a page to show content in each of the monthly reports as long they're a current page and not a history page.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events