Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

In what version of Confluence will ActiveObjects be shipped?

Stefan Kohler
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 26, 2011

So when does it get bundled?? Makes it much easier to develop a plugin using AO if you don't have to explain how they can get the right version of AO in Confluence

5 answers

1 accepted

5 votes
Answer accepted
Sherif Mansour
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
May 26, 2011

We really want to get it in ASAP, but don't have a date yet for it. Once we have it available in Confluence we we will let people know through our Development Releases. Sherif

Remo Siegwart
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 19, 2012

Hi Sherif!

Any update on this one? Hope it's still on the roadmap?

We are planning to release a new plugin based on Active Objects when the marketplace is ready, but I'm not sure if it makes sense as long as Active Objects in Confluence is still a development preview.

Cheers Remo

Andy Brook [Plugin People]
Rising Star
Rising Star
April 6, 2012

Argh.

I've been getting productive with AO in JIRA, switching to Confluence to do a bunch of refresh releases and pretty much expecting it to be there in the 4.2beta, but no. And its still marked as a developer preview - https://developer.atlassian.com/display/AO/Installing+Active+Objects

IMO not having AO support in Confluence is a severe impediment to plugin development, XML serialisation is a PITA but the current only option.

Please raise over coffee sometime, perhaps it will get on someone's radar. Out of interest, what's the blocker in getting AO along the release roadmap?

Remo Siegwart
Rising Star
Rising Star
April 6, 2012

I've heard that one blocker is the missing support for DB2 databases. Confluence supports DB2, but Active Objects only supports MySQL, MSSQL, PostgreSQL, Oracle, HSQLDB and Derby. JIRA never supported DB2.

It looks like they plan to ship it in Confluence 4.3 as beta and then to release it officially in Confluence 4.4.

That's just what I've heard, not sure if this is true though.

Andy Brook [Plugin People]
Rising Star
Rising Star
April 8, 2012

Thanks Remo, I also just saw a reference to hsql 2.0 question , I guess for now, its double effort to implement bandana and ao support :/

4 votes
Joe Clark
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
September 4, 2012

As of Confluence 4.3 - ActiveObjects is now in and fully supported for plugin developers! Woooooooohoooo!

https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/DOC/Confluence+4.3+Release+Notes#Confluence4.3ReleaseNotes-Infrastructurechanges

0 votes
Stefan Kleineikenscheidt _K15t_
Rising Star
Rising Star
February 21, 2012

Hi everyone,

are there any updates on this yet?

Btw: We've noticed that the ActiveObjects plugin 0.19.x is not compatible with hsql 2.2.4, which is shipped with Confluence. If we run our unit tests against 1.8.0.10 it works. (more info about that here: https://answers.atlassian.com/questions/36862/how-to-use-active-objects-0-19-7-with-recent-confluence-versions)

Cheers,
-Stefan

0 votes
Stefan Kleineikenscheidt _K15t_
Rising Star
Rising Star
February 21, 2012

Hi everyone,

are there any updates on this yet?

Cheers,
-Stefan

0 votes
TylerA
Rising Star
Rising Star
May 26, 2011

Atlassian doesn't provide dates for new features or releases, so we can't really say when that will be included.

Adding ActiveObjects to Confluence seems to be the only way to get those modules added for the moment, but as the little info-box says:

"Ultimately Active Objects should be integrated and bundled in each Atlassian product so that this step is no longer necessary. Until then you will have to configure your project so that libraries are added to your product when developing."

David at David Simpson Apps
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
July 31, 2011

The Adding ActiveObjects to Confluence link is now restricted - behind a login. Any chance of reverting that change? Or could you link to a new location please?

Jeremy Largman
Atlassian Team
July 31, 2011

I'm not sure why it got closed off. I'll check into it. I'll email you this page, for now.

Sherif Mansour
Atlassian Team
April 9, 2012

We are aiming for the second half of this year.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events