Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

In the new editor, how do i link to an attached file like in the old editor?

JP September 4, 2019

I can't work out how to link to an attached file in the new editor. I can insert files, I can attach files, I just cant work out how to link to an attached file.

The new behaviour for the "link" seems to only provide for links to other Confluence pages.

2 answers

1 accepted

3 votes
Answer accepted
Stephen Deutsch
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 7, 2019

Hi JP,

This appears to be a regression in the new editor: https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/CONFCLOUD-67779

Right now you'd have to copy/paste the link to the file and change the name manually to match the name of the file. Not ideal.

JP January 24, 2020

Thanks Stephen. That helps. Not a huge fan of the fabric editor at this stage.

1 vote
Brant Schroeder
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 4, 2019

Once the attached file is uploaded you can link it by clicking the link button on the editor.  https://confluence.atlassian.com/confcloud/insert-links-and-anchors-724764900.html

Screenshot 2019-09-04 at 7.24.10 PM.pngScreenshot 2019-09-04 at 7.30.05 PM.png

JP September 6, 2019

Thanks for the answer Brant but that is not what I see - it is what I USED TO see but now I see as per the screenshots below.  I am on Confluence Cloud and the new editor.

This is editor toolbar I see:

Screen Shot 2019-09-07 at 9.31.21 am.png

And this is what I see when I hit the link icon.  I have placed grey boxes over the names of the recently-edited pages that I am offered as "quick" link options.

I can put in the macro that lists all of the attachments but what we have been doing (and what I'd like to keep doing) is link to each attachment from the text block where I explain what the attachment is and why it's attached in the first place.

Confluence_Link_insert.png 

Like # people like this

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events