In confluence cloud, for a anonymous space, can I hide the "Space Settings" for anonymous access?

faiyeah April 12, 2018

Please find the screenshot below:

Screen Shot 2018-04-13 at 11.46.34 AM.png

This is too insecure to let anonymous user to access "Space settings", in which it makes more sense to me if this is only visible to login user. 

1 answer

0 votes
Nazri Muhi April 13, 2018

Hi Fai Chan, The sidebar in Confluence Confluence has a limited set of configurable options and due to this you will not able to remove the "Space Settings" link. There's a way in Confluence Server though https://confluence.atlassian.com/confkb/how-to-hide-the-space-tools-menu-for-anonymous-users-in-confluence-816877024.html but since you are using the Cloud version this will not work for you. Though, you may want to take comfort in knowing the if you only set Anonymous to view they would not be able to perform any "administrative" function as they can only see the details of the Space.

faiyeah April 13, 2018

Yes, I know public user won't be able to perform administrative function. But it simply does not make sense that I cannot control the level of details of what to allow public user to view. 

Anyway, thanks for letting me know this is mission impossible at this moment. 

Like Mateusz Bijakowski likes this
Mary Beth Little June 7, 2018

Seriously? Why would this not be configurable in the Cloud version?! I don't want public users to have access to this. I am liking confluence and jira less and less the more I try to use it.

Like Mateusz Bijakowski likes this
faiyeah June 7, 2018

It is not joking, though it's a joke for me. 

Nik Pharo June 20, 2018

How can we put in a request to get this changed? Its silly that I have to allow public users to see who it was created by or who administrators are of it

Like Chris Carney likes this
AnnWorley
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
June 20, 2018

Hi Nik,

I started to open a request to add the ability to hide the "settings" option from anonymous users, but happened upon this existing suggestion ticket on our public issue tracker: Ability to hide sidebar from anonymous users

I encourage you to vote and comment on the issue to communicate directly with the development team. For more details about how we choose what to fix, please see Bug Fixing Policy.

Thanks,

Ann

Like # people like this
Richard Scrivener
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
September 28, 2021

This is truly, TRULY awful. Come on Atlassian. Lift your game!

I am using confluence as the public documentation platform for my open source projects and anyone on the internet can click on Space Settings and end up lost in a rabbit's warren of meaningless pages.

I note that there is an open CONFCLOUD ticket for this problem: https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/CONFCLOUD-65274

It was opened in 2018.

SERIOUSLY???!!!!

THREE years and you haven't fixed this.

Get real!

Like # people like this

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events