In Confluence, how can we find which pages use a plugin?

We're trying to determine which pages will be affected by a plugin update.

Is there a search we can run in confluence or a query we can run against the database to find which pages use a macro (in this case, table-plus macro)?

Thanks.

3 answers

1 accepted

3 votes

Hi Ron,

That's possible by running a database query indeed.

in mysql, you can use this query (If you are using another database, you may need to ask the DBA to tweak a bit the query):

SELECT c.title, s.spacename
FROM content c
INNER JOIN bodycontent b ON b.contentid = c.CONTENTID
INNER JOIN spaces s ON c.spaceid = s.spaceid
WHERE b.body like '%macro_syntax%';

This will show you the space name and page title of the affected page by the macro. Hope that helps :D

I would need the count based on plugin instead of the macro which would help me decide to buy the plugin as the plugin might have n number of macros

Also, this DB query can take hours to run on large instances with some databases, due to lack of indexing, and given that some plugins can contribute 10, 20+ macros this can often isn't feasable for anything other than a small instance.

Yes, I understand the performance part. Do you have any SQL query which would achieve the results.

Thanks for the responses.

The "{macro" for 3.5 and "macroName: macro" for 4.X are what our web developers wanted, so they don't need to bug the DBA.

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Posted Oct 11, 2018 in Confluence

What are your project planning tips?

Hello Community,  Jessica here from the Confluence product marketing team! Today I wanted to get your takes on project planning –– what works, what doesn’t, how do you know if you’re doing it r...

338 views 2 4
Join discussion

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you