Importing Space from XML into cloud confluence

Wiktor Paprzycki January 16, 2018

Greetings!

Hope everyone is doing well.

I'm having trouble importing a space into the cloud version of confluence. I'd like to use the xml export I prepared some time ago. 

Read through the guide found at https://confluence.atlassian.com/confcloud/import-a-confluence-space-724765531.html

However I do not see any 'Settings' menu in the sidebar to select the appropriate option. 

I can't seem to change any theme's or configure the sidebar itself, I  have administration rights for our cloud instance.

How should I go about importing the xml?

Thank you!

Wiktor

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Stephen Deutsch
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 16, 2018

Hi Wiktor,

You'll need to first click on the Confluence icon in the upper-left corner of the screen to expand the sidebar menu. If you are a Confluence Admin, then you should see the "Settings" menu option there.

Hey Stephen,

Thank you for for your reply :)

Clicking on that icon doesn't do anything for me, I'm afraid - is it possible that I have the wrong user group assigned in that case?

What would be the correct group / role membership I'd have to get?

Warmest regards,

Stephen Deutsch
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 16, 2018

As far as I know, everyone should have access to that menu, as it is how you are supposed to access all Spaces.

However, I am assuming that you have the most recent UI activated (using the bright blue color scheme (similar to the menu bar above in Atlassian Community) and the menu bar to the side instead of the top. Is this the case for you?

catch1.JPGThis is everything I can see on the expanded sidebar, going into the 'Backup' space only gives me access to 'space tools'. Thanks!

Stephen Deutsch
Rising Star
Rising Star
January 16, 2018

So you do have the menu, it's just that you don't have access to the settings. You will need your site administrator to give you "Confluence Administrator" settings, or they can import the space for you. More information can be found here:

https://confluence.atlassian.com/confcloud/global-permissions-overview-724765488.html

Thank you so much!:) Will get on it. 

Have a great rest of the week!

Stephen Deutsch
Rising Star
Rising Star
January 16, 2018

Same to you! If you found my answer helpful, please click on the checkmark button next to my answer ;)

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events