Importing Confluence Space that contains Team Calendars data

Jaime Romaguera June 13, 2018

We backup/exported a wiki space using the XML option. When we restored the wiki space back "Team Calendar" entries/events from that space has disappeared. Wondering if there is any way of recovering entries/events. I have rebuilt the calendar and normal search index, still no luck.

I have a bad feeling I cannot recover them, any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

Jaime

1 answer

0 votes
Shannon S
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
June 15, 2018

Hi Jaime,

You can export the .ics from the original calendar, create a new calendar on the new site, and then import the .ics there.

Can you let me know if you have any trouble with that?

Regards,

Shannon

Jaime Romaguera June 17, 2018

Hmmmm doesn't help me. The original wiki space was accidentally removed before I could export the calendars to .ics, luckily (I thought at the time) we just made a backup of the space to xml but when we restored the space the calendars entries/events have disappeared. 

Regards

Jaime

Shannon S
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
June 18, 2018

Jaime,

In that case your calendar was deleted along with the space.

Do you happen to have a recent site backup? In that case you can restore the site to an evaluation instance, and export the calendar that way.

There's a feature request regarding the fact that the space backup doesn't include calendar details. I would recommend that you vote and watch this, and comment there with your experience:

Regards,

Shannon

Jaime Romaguera June 19, 2018

Thanks Shannon,

Really appreciated your advice, it has been helpful :-)

Have a nice day.

Regards

Jaime

Shannon S
Atlassian Team
June 20, 2018

You're welcome, Jaime! 

Take care, and have a pleasant rest of your week.

Regards,

Shannon

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events