Import/Update email aliases to Confluence to create groups?

Teju Khubchandani July 16, 2021

Is there a way to import email aliases that already contains the members need for a group into Confluence to create an equivalent group.  And more importantly, will Confluence be able to automatically update the group members based on changes to the members the email aliases?  

1 answer

0 votes
Jessica
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
July 19, 2021

Hello Teju,

Welcome to the Atlassian Community!

It seems you are looking for importing users based on their emails/email aliases and import those as users in your site for the Confluence product. Please let me know if that is indeed the case, so we can make sure we are on the same page here, my friend.

If so, this import of users and groups from an external or third party based on emails/emails aliases and etc is supported via User Provisioning and its API.

User Provisioning (SCIM) though is only offered through Atlassian Access.
The API is available on our developer.atlassian.com, which you can check for more details. :)
User provisioning also provides updates on a user's account details, among other operations, with more details on our documentation here.

So in case you think it is needed for your site, you can reach out to your Site-admin and Org. Admins to discuss this feature and if you need User provisioning in this case, which requires Atlassian Access.

Additionally, you can also see if the user provisioning would suit your needs on our Understanding user provisioning article.

Let me know if that helps or if there is anything else we can help clarifying here!

Kindest Regards,
Jessica

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events