Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Import Space from other confluence account

olgaptashuk September 28, 2020

Hi,

I exported a space as an xml file fron account #1 on confluence.

I want to import it on account #2 on confluence.

I read all tutorial and followed instructions.

Here is the error I face every time I try.

Space import error.PNG

1 answer

0 votes
Jorden Van Bogaert
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 28, 2020

Hi @olgaptashuk 

As the error isn't really saying much, I think it's best to contact Atlassian directly via support.atlassian.com/contact/

They'll be able to check the logs and inform you why exactly you're seeing this issue and hopefully fix it for you as well.

Kind regards
Jorden

olgaptashuk September 28, 2020

Thanks for your reply. I contacted Support but they referred me to here, since I have free account. I guess people with free account are only eligible to this forum.

I wanted to Import Space to my corporate account to that to later on subscribe to confluence paid service from there. I do not have paid account yet, but I'm about to have it.

The Space which I have created on my Free account must be somehow transferred. Maybe I shall pay for Confluence first and then do it. 

Jorden Van Bogaert
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 28, 2020

Hi @olgaptashuk 

Mm, some things you can check before paying:

• What is the size of the space export?
    • Free plans only have 2GB of storage, so importing large spaces may cause a problem as the storage limit may be reached. This is likely to happen when you have a lot of attachments in a space on a free plan.
  • Does another space with the same key already exist?
    • As space keys are unique, if the imported space has a key that conflicts with an existing space on the site, this will also throw an error.

It's unfortunate that you were referred to the community for this error however, as we have no further info about the error. 

If you do end up paying and the issue is resolved, please let us know what it was :)

Kind regards
Jorden

Jorden Van Bogaert
Rising Star
Rising Star
September 28, 2020

PS: you can always start a trial version before paying to already test out the features and prepare the instance :)

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
FREE
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events