Import Confluence content in to another Confluence page

Deleted user January 9, 2020

Hi I have 2 Confluence pages in the same space. How can I import sections of content from one page in to the other? Note I want to import sections of content only, not whole pages.  

Thanks

2 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Brett Coster January 9, 2020

@[deleted] - Welcome to the forums. I guess it depends what you are trying to achieve.

If this is a one-off move of content from page to page, copy/paste or cut/paste works fine, even for most Macros.

If you wish to surface content from one page to another, where updating one page, updates the other automatically:

There are 2 macros built into confluence:

Include Page Macro - for entire pages

Excerpt Macro - for parts of a page

Hope this helps.

Brett

Thanks Brett. I just updated the problem statement. Excerpt Macro looks the way to go. I'll check it out.  

Like # people like this
0 votes
Mario Abud
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 9, 2020

Hello @[deleted], you can use this plugin Source Editor for Confluence, to copy sections from one page to another.

Regards

Thanks. Do you mean copy or import? The whole objective of this is to import some content in to one page from another, thereby not having duplicate content. To clarify, both pages are live, page A contains page A content, and page B contains page B content plus some content imported dynamically from A. 

Thanks

Mario Abud
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 9, 2020

Now I understand @Paul Wallace, you can use the macro that @Brett Coster  recommended for this.

Regards

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events