It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

Import Confluence content in to another Confluence page

Hi I have 2 Confluence pages in the same space. How can I import sections of content from one page in to the other? Note I want to import sections of content only, not whole pages.  

Thanks

2 answers

1 accepted

@Paul Wallace - Welcome to the forums. I guess it depends what you are trying to achieve.

If this is a one-off move of content from page to page, copy/paste or cut/paste works fine, even for most Macros.

If you wish to surface content from one page to another, where updating one page, updates the other automatically:

There are 2 macros built into confluence:

Include Page Macro - for entire pages

Excerpt Macro - for parts of a page

Hope this helps.

Brett

Thanks Brett. I just updated the problem statement. Excerpt Macro looks the way to go. I'll check it out.  

Like # people like this
0 votes

Hello @Paul Wallace, you can use this plugin Source Editor for Confluence, to copy sections from one page to another.

Regards

Thanks. Do you mean copy or import? The whole objective of this is to import some content in to one page from another, thereby not having duplicate content. To clarify, both pages are live, page A contains page A content, and page B contains page B content plus some content imported dynamically from A. 

Thanks

Mario_Abud Community Leader Jan 09, 2020

Now I understand @Paul Wallace, you can use the macro that @Brett Coster  recommended for this.

Regards

Suggest an answer

TAGS
Community showcase
Published in Confluence

How To: get the most out of the new Confluence navigation and Home

Hi Community, Elaine again from Confluence Cloud Product Management. Most of you have used the new Confluence navigation and Home for some time by now. Not sure what changed or just want to lear...

314 views 2 9
Read article

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you