Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Images not displaying when importing word documents to confluence

OliverD December 10, 2019

When using the word document import option I am not able to view pictures from the document. Will instead be shown a "Inline Extenstion" icon

I have tried the troubleshooting steps of converting the document from .docx to .doc but have had no luck. 

Is anybody able to help with this?

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
OliverD December 16, 2019

To import a word document while keeping it's pictures, after selecting the import word document feature you will need to choose the "Import as new page in current space" option. 

Previously I was choosing the "Replace" option as I wanted the file to be automatically set as a child of another page, however this option does not currently work. 

A support ticket has been raised to rectify this here

0 votes
James Dellow
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 10, 2019
OliverD December 11, 2019

It looks to be the new editor,

OliverD December 11, 2019

Hey @James Dellow , do you know if there's anything else I can do to get this working? Would be much appreciated

James Dellow
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 11, 2019

Testing in my instance, it imports into the old editor so I can't replicate this issue. But since we know that the new editor support inline images as custom emojis, the issue could be related to that. I'd suggest raising a support ticket.

shweta singh November 29, 2021

Hey @James Dellow  I am trying to import doc file which has pictures logo text, but not imported successfully and also with distorted format. Please help how I can fix it. 

James Dellow
Community Leader
Community Leader
December 20, 2021

@shweta singh sorry, I can't help (I'm tagged as a community leader, but I don't work for Atlassian). I'd suggest raising a support ticket in this instance.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events