Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Image doesn't update when using Drop Shadow effect

Dave Sugrue August 7, 2019

Hi guys,

hoping someone has found a workaround for this. Basically, a lot of the images we use on our Confluence Cloud have the Drop Shadow effect applied to it. Unfortunately, when we update the image, the old one continues to display unless we remove the "Drop Shadow" effect. Re-applying the "Drop Shadow" effect results in the old version of the image being displayed again.

The only way I can get around this is to remove the image completely from the page and save. Then add the image back to the page.

This is very annoying. Am I cracking up here or is this a bug? It appears that the "Drop Shadow" effect is somehow cached by Confluence and not recreated/refreshed when a new image is uploaded

Steps to recreate:

1. Attach an image to a confluence page
  2. Apply the "Drop Shadow" effect
  3. Upload a new image with the same name. Notice how the image doesn't update.
  4. Change the effect from (to none or to one of the other effects. Notice how the new version of the image is displayed.
  5. Change the effect back to Drop Shadow. Notice how the old image is still used.

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Shannon S
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
August 8, 2019

Hi Dave,

Thank you for reporting this. Can you tell me, is this in the new editing experience? If you aren't sure, the new editing experience has the Publish button in the top right-hand corner.

I know that image effects have been temporarily removed from the new editor, so I am curious if this is affecting the problem. You can see in the Confluence Cloud Editor Roadmap that image effects will soon be returning to the editor.

Regards,

Shannon

Xena Montoya August 8, 2019

Hi,

I am experiencing this same issue. It doesn’t seem to be the new editor for me, the publish button is on the bottom right.

Like # people like this
Dave Sugrue August 8, 2019

This is happening on the old version of the pages. It's been happening for quite a while now (not sure when I first noticed it), so don't think it has anything to do with the new editor.

Shannon S
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
August 14, 2019

Hello @Dave Sugrue@Xena Montoya

I've looked into this and I discovered this has been reported as a bug:

You're welcome to watch this feature for updates, but since we are transitioning over to the new editor, this bug will likely be resolved when we release the image effects feature for the new editor according to the Confluence Cloud Editor Roadmap I let you know about earlier.

Thank you for your understanding.

Regards,

Shannon

Like Dave Sugrue likes this
Dave Sugrue August 14, 2019

@Shannon S Thanks for the update. Do you have an approximate timeline for when the image effects functionality will be released for the new editor?

Shannon S
Atlassian Team
August 15, 2019

Hi @Dave Sugrue

I do not, unfortunately. The only thing I know for sure is that they are coming soon, but there's no estimated release date for this at this time.

Take care,

Shannon

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events