Im trying to list only categories on the sidebar.

j_carey January 16, 2019

Is it possible to hide the space names and have a list of categories on the sidebar? I saw a marketplace tool called spacetree nice version of it,  but is it possible to replicate this using markup, html, something else?

IE, if i have a project1 and project 2... and all in a category of 'projects' I'd like to have the sidebar list 'projects' rather then list all the project spaces individually. Similar nesting for other types of work would be nice.

thanks in advance

1 answer

0 votes
Diego
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
January 18, 2019

Hello there James!

Could you clarify for us if you are using Confluence Cloud or Confluence Server?

To better understand the situation, this information is needed.

Looking forward to your reply!

j_carey January 18, 2019

Thanks for looking, its Confluence Server.

Diego
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
January 18, 2019

Hi again!

Thanks for clarifying. Currently, the desired objective is not achievable in Confluence without the use of plugins. As you have noted, the Spacetree for Confluence takes care of that:

Spacetree for Confluence

Other setup that could have similar results is having one single space and then organize everything else under Pages and Child pages, with different restrictions if need be.

However, this may not be the ideal approach. You could end up with a gigantic space that could be potentially problematic when backing up or restoring.

Let us know your thoughts!

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events