If I import a space and link it to a JIRA project, can I later delete the JIRA project without affecting the Confluence space?

Steven Hewett March 2, 2016

This question is in reference to Atlassian Documentation: How to copy or rename a space in Confluence

If I import a space and link it to a JIRA project, can I later delete the JIRA project without affecting the Confluence space?

1 answer

0 votes
Paz
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
March 2, 2016

Short answer

Yes. You can delete a JIRA project linked to a Confluence space without seriously affecting the space. The space will exist even after the project has been deleted. 

Long answer

The two actions–creating/importing a new space, and linking a JIRA project–aren't necessarily related. 

The JIRA project exists outside of the Confluence space. The space and project can be linked, which provides lots of great benefits, but, generally speaking the two can exist without each other just fine.

However, any JIRA issues referenced in Confluence pages (for instance using a JIRA issue macro) might need to be linked again. The same goes for Confluence pages linked in JIRA issues.

In any event, you should still be able to put the URL of a page or issue in any page or issue, you just won't get all the nice things that come with it if the instances aren't linked.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events