I want to sort a table but the sort icons are missing. How do I correct?

This question is in reference to Atlassian Documentation: Working with Tables

How do I get the sort icons to appear?

Are there certain conditions that prevent a table from being sorted?

2 answers

1 accepted

This widget could not be displayed.

They appear when you hover the mouse cursor over the column headers.

I have the sort working now. The top row had not been marked as a table header, but the text was bold, making this easy to miss.

This widget could not be displayed.

I've seen a number of threads reporting problems with table sorting, but none of them has helped. I have a similar problem - when I create tables they are NOT sortable, and toggling the header row options doesn't help. What is particularly odd is that this used to work (until early 2016). This occurs for brand new tables made using the menu item to insert a table - no excel imports or merged cells. The documentation states simply that tables are sortable - but mine aren't...

Any ideas?

Thanks.

This seems likely to be due to a change in the behaviour of the browser I usually use (Safari). Works fine under macOS 10.13.2 with Opera, but not Safari.

In my experience any table containing merged cells is not sortable.

I have opened a feature request for confluence server to make tables with merged cells sortable. If you are interested in this feature to be implemented, please vote for it.

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Posted Monday in Confluence

Why start from scratch? Introducing four new templates for Confluence Cloud

Hi my Community friends!  For those who don't know me, I'm a product marketer on the Confluence Cloud team - nice to meet you! For those of you who do, you know that I've been all up in your Co...

482 views 6 6
Join discussion

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you