I'm wanting to import a file/folder structure into Confluence, can it handle a tree file structure?

Vidya Shevale October 22, 2018

I have website data in the forms , docs, ppts , html and wmf format . It is possible with confluence to create tree structure ??

please reply me ASAP , TIA

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
October 23, 2018

Yes, pages are done in a tree structure.  

Vidya Shevale October 23, 2018

please explain in details , I searched many times but didn't get any  URL.

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
October 23, 2018

It's pretty basic, rather than explicit.

Go into any space where you have edit rights.  Create a new page, lets call it "top", save it.  Remaining in the view of "top", click create page again, create one called "middle 1", save it, and remaining in it, create a third one called "bottom".  Go back to "top", create another page called "middle 2"

Now look at the page tree (or add a {pagetree} macro to "top").  You will see a tree structure of 

+ middle 1
+ bottom
+ middle 2
Like Pavankumar likes this
Vidya Shevale October 23, 2018

Hey Nic,

thanks for your quick reply . Using confluence UI I am able to create PAGE TREE , 

but I want to write script to migrate all existing pages to the new Intranet.

I am sending you one image in the following mannertree.png

That folder consist of docs, ppts,wmf format  

tree1.png

here is my folder and file structure, how to read it ??

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
October 23, 2018

A simple script should be able to iterate through your directories and create and attach files over REST.

On a linux box like the one you have in your screenshot, I'd start with

find . type f -exec <a script to import an item> {} \;

I'd write that script so that it read the file type and chose to attach or scrape it as appropriate, and take account of the full paths you get.

But I wouldn't really recommend attaching large swathes of html files, it would be a lot better to convert them to text you can import as real pages.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events