Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I cannot see Sheet option in Office Excel view macro

J March 15, 2019

When I try to insert an Excel sheet with multiple sheets and want to display a specific sheet, the macro does not show me the options to key in the parameters. It will allow me to key in file name and page name

2 answers

Comments for this post are closed

Community moderators have prevented the ability to post new answers.

Post a new question

1 vote
Shannon S
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
March 18, 2019

Hello,

I assume you are referring to a single Excel document with several tabs, and you want to have it display one of the tabs first by default?

If so, there's not a way to do this by default in Confluence, and we've had a few requests for it in the past but we don't have plans to implement it, and most of those requests have been closed.

There is one below that hasn't yet been closed, and that's to be able to see multiple tabs in the View File macro:

• CONFCLOUD-39183 Ability to view multiple worksheets of a excel file (within Browser) in View mode of attachment Macro

The previous Excel macro is being phased out, and while we introduce the new one, this request may be closed as it's related to the previous one. For notes on this, see the below article:

The new method is outlined below, but as far as I am aware this also does not have a method to link to a specific sheet:

I would recommend that you review a few of the add-ons on Marketplace, which offer ability to embed a spreadsheet, and you might be able to use one of them to solve your issue. If you do find one works for you in this situation, please let us know which one.

Regards,

Shannon

prakash fatania June 2, 2021

Hi @Shannon S ,

The ability to select a specific Worksheet was available before, and it is a shame it isn't available anymore as it was such a useful feature.

Indeed, I wasn't aware that that feature had been removed, and I thought that I was doing something wrong, until I saw the above message from you.

Can I ask why that (i.e. ability to select a specific Excel Worksheet) has been removed, given it is such a useful feature?

Thanks

Shannon S
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
June 3, 2021

Hello Prakash,

Thank you for following up on this thread. You can follow this feedback thread regarding the new Office Connector and provide your input there:

Thanks again,

Shannon

0 votes
Oki__PolarisOffice_
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 2, 2021

@prakash fatania 

Hello,

I am working for the company that develops Polaris spreadsheet for Confluence  addon. 

If you want to  select a specific Worksheet in a excel file, you may use an addon for an alternative. 

Polaris spreadsheet for Confluence provides not only editing excel files in a confluence page, but also advanced view mode. So you can easily check a specific Worksheet in view mode. 

Please check it. 

Shannon S
Atlassian Team
June 3, 2021

Hi @Oki__PolarisOffice_,

Thank you for sharing your add-on in this post. Be aware this post is from 2019, and therefore this is considered necroposting. You also need to make sure to say in your reply that you represent Infraware.

Take a look at our Atlassian Community guidelines for Vendors for details.

Thank you for your understanding.

Shannon

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events