I can`t publish the document I`ve created on confluence. Do you know what is happening?

natasa.belich February 11, 2020

I am trying to publish a document by clicking on the publish button but I can`t do it. So please could someone help me, because I have done quite a work there. So I hope I don`t need to done it again tomorrow. 

3 answers

2 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Emilio Galasso February 11, 2020

Had a similar problem yesterday with cloud Confluence where it refused to publish my page.  It was small rectangular pop-up, just below the publish button, indicating that the page could not be published.  It was a page that made use of some really long tables so I was afraid I broke the editor. 

I had to copy and paste the content to a newly created page to ensure my work wasn't lost.  The new page published fine -- disaster averted.  It may have been a network issue, but the error did not mention why it couldn't publish.  It also displayed the error very quickly, so it's not like it was trying to connect and timing out.  It looks like it had completely given up with no warning as I continued to work.

Thanks! I did the same thing... Copied everything and closed the page... And when I entered the document again all I have done was there so I just saved the changes then. Thank you very much for answering!

0 votes
Answer accepted
Adam Rypel _MoroSystems_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
February 11, 2020

Hello @natasa.belich ,

could you please describe more in detail what exactly is happening when you click Publish? Is there some error message?

Also which hosting type are you on - Cloud or Server?

Thank you for the details.

Adam

Thank you very much for answering! I solved the problem in the end. :) I copied everything and closed the page... And when I entered the document again all I have done was there so I just saved the changes then. Sorry for bothering you! :)

Natasha

Adam Rypel _MoroSystems_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
February 12, 2020

Oh no problem at all, glad you solved it! :)

Like natasa.belich likes this
0 votes
Emilio Galasso February 12, 2020

Happened again today.  It gives an error along the lines of "unable to complete this request".  However, the page IS saved.  As the original poster mentioned, closing the page and opening it again restored my changes and I was able to successfully publish. 

Earlier I did see a network disconnect error, but it was specific about being a network problem and it did re-establish the connection on its own.  This problem is different.  I've now had others in the office report the same problem of not being able to publish.

natasa.belich February 12, 2020

Thanks to God that it is saved! Of course, we always can save it on a word document. But it was a tricky business. :-) :-) :-)

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events