I can't get a column width in a table small enough

Peter Notenbaert March 4, 2022

I'm having trouble in controlling the width of columns in some table with quite a few columns.

I have a number of columns that only need to contain one or two characters. I would like these columns to be really small, so that space can be used for the larger columns. But it seems in confluence the smallest width for a columns, is still quite big: I can easily fit 15 characters in it. 

So these columns take a lot of the limited space I have.

Combined with the fact that a 'full-width' page, isn't full-width at all when you have a larger screen, so a lot of white space waste, makes this 'feature' extremely annoying and frustrating.

2 answers

1 vote
Peter Notenbaert March 7, 2022

Hi Katerina,

No we don't use that app. 

It would be pity to have to revert to a third party add-on, and complex configuration, for something that seems quite basic.

On of those basic feature that I can't imagine a product like confluence is missing. And also a major drawback of the 'new' page editor.

Disappointed again.

1 vote
Katerina Kovriga _Stiltsoft_
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 4, 2022

Hi @Peter Notenbaert ,

If you use our Table Filter and Charts for Confluence app in your company, you may adjust column width with the help of the Table Transformer macro.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events