I can add pages but when i try to edit it the controls are greyed out apart from text colour control

Nino Ceraolo November 14, 2019

I can create pages in confluence but when i try to edit them they are not available for me to edit. The controls are greyed out but the change text colour one is not. (see attached image)

Screenshot 2019-11-14 at 12.37.22.png

I have admin access to the site, and to confluence. i cant edit the title but I must have been able to when i created the page.

I have been able to edit some pages in the space but some when i create them are just locked and not editable.

1 answer

0 votes
Shannon S
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
November 20, 2019

Hello Nino,

Thank you for bringing this to us. We experienced this in the past for users who either don't have WSS allowed, or are using an older version of Chrome (i.e 77).

Can you first check that you have allowed WebSockets, and if that's not the case, confirm if your browser is on the latest version? 

Thank you for your help.

Regards,

Shannon

Nino Ceraolo November 20, 2019

Hi Shannon,

websockets are allowed and i am running the latest version of chrome (Version 78.0.3904.108 (Official Build) (64-bit)). The issue persists on Safari also.

thanks

nino

Nino Ceraolo November 20, 2019

Hi Shannon,

Websockets work fine...I am running the latest Chrome browser (Version 78.0.3904.108 (Official Build) (64-bit))

The issue happens in Safari also and firefox.

best reagards

nino

Shannon S
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
November 21, 2019

Hi Nino,

Thank you for confirming. 

Are you testing this from the same internet location? Can you test from different computers and networks and see if you have the issue?

You can also try with Incognito or Private Browsing mode on your browser, and disable any browser add-ons. If that doesn't work, can you clear your browser cache and see if you have the same issue?

Regards,

Shannon

Nino Ceraolo November 21, 2019

Hi its the same in incognito, from home and also from our other offices. Also tried on 2 different computers.

nino

Nino Ceraolo November 21, 2019

This seems only to be pages with the new editor can i just switch to the old one as any pages that use that work fine.

Shannon S
Atlassian Team
November 21, 2019

Hi Nino,

Thank you for confirming that. It's no longer possible to switch to the old editor. At this point, I would recommend that you raise this with the Cloud Support Team if you are able. We will be better able to troubleshoot this further with you there. 

If you are not able, can you please let me know your timezone and working hours so I can log it with the proper region? 

Regards,

Shannon

Nino Ceraolo November 22, 2019

Hi I am in the UK

Nino Ceraolo November 22, 2019

I raised a ticket with support thanks!

Like Shannon S likes this
Shannon S
Atlassian Team
November 22, 2019

Nino,

Thank you for your confirmation! I've added my comments to the ticket, and I'll keep an eye on it for the resolution. We will contact you as soon as we've had a chance to have a deeper look.

Regards,

Shannon

Deleted user September 18, 2020

I'm having the same exact issue now... updated chrome, was working amoment ago, and now the editor is totally "crashed"

Like Miranda Fonteijn likes this
Miranda Fonteijn September 18, 2020

What was the resolution for this ticket? I am experiencing the exact same issue. Other users can edit the page I have created, but I am unable to edit the page I created myself.

Like Deleted user likes this

seems it was done in private/no resolution

i found i have to restart chrome and it will work ONCE (maybe)

I'm beginning to think it is their servers that host the editor etc that is crashed or malfunctioning. It doesnt make sense that it works one minute and the next no

Miranda Fonteijn September 18, 2020

I managed to resolve this by having someone else edit the page, publish it and now I am able to edit them again. Might be worth a try :)

Like Deleted user likes this

im alone managing the page im on, others in my team at my job wouldnt do it, so im just refreshing and waiting til it works each time

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events