I am looking to have some testing templates

Sunil Chowdary October 23, 2018

I am looking to have some testing templates ...

we at organisaion use number of templates for testing, whcih starts from prep-exit, so want to use Confluence as a single truth of source so would be good to have some info on creation of testing templates (like test plan/test report/test exirt report)

Thanks

Sunil

3 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Ollie Guan
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
October 23, 2018

Hi  @Sunil Chowdary,

Alana Fernando has shared an article that shows how to use Confluence to implement test plans, test design, test execution and other activities:

https://community.atlassian.com/t5/Confluence-articles/Manual-Test-case-management-with-Confluence/ba-p/876759

Hope it helps.

Sunil Chowdary October 24, 2018

thank you, being new struggling to get this worked ...

am more of how i write plan, get approval and have sections for scope or other things.

Also what access level is needed for this to do

0 votes
Cheney Ma [Go2Group]
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 18, 2018

Hi @Sunil Chowdary, to do test management (test cases, executions, planning, reports, requirement traceability ...), I would suggest you considering Jira + test management plugin to complete your work. 

Just use Confluence is OK for some simple scenarios and small team, but if you want a BETTER SOLUTION, Jira + plugin is the best choice. 

0 votes
Kesha Thill
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
December 18, 2018

hey @Sunil Chowdary! this isn't exactly a test plan, but I wonder if the project plan template within Confluence could help structure, and you can modify the fields to what you need? It's only available in Cloud, however you could build the same template in Server.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events