How to view public page

Debbie Conner January 11, 2022

I am trying to make my page public and have followed the steps here (https://support.atlassian.com/confluence-cloud/docs/share-content-externally-with-public-links/) and have the global options turned on to share. The question is how do I view the public page- when I go to share i do not have a public link toggle, and when I copy the link and open it, it takes me to my version of the page. Do i need a higher plan than standard?

Thanks for any suggestions

Debbie

1 answer

1 accepted

2 votes
Answer accepted
Andy Gladstone
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 11, 2022

@Debbie Conner Welcome to Confluence!

Have you tried logging out of your instance and then opening the public link? You may be redirecting to your internal access while you remain logged in.

Can you share the link so I can test (I don't have access to your instance)?

Thanks for helping- I did log out of all open confluence open "things" and sent the link to an email not associated with confluence but still showed up. The copy link that i get when I hit the share button is 

https://gutt-c.atlassian.net/l/c/M1BwnZcm

Andy Gladstone
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 11, 2022

@Debbie Conner this is what I see...

Is this what you are trying to share?

Capture.PNG

YES! but when i open the link it shows the admin side of things. Is it supposed to do that? I was just trying to confirm how others saw the page.

Deb

also, does it show all the pages I have or only the overview

Andy Gladstone
Community Leader
Community Leader
January 11, 2022

I can see the page tree (took a little while to load - my original screenshot was too early.

No admin features though. I have a feeling you are still logged in - try opening it yourself in Chrome in Incognito mode to see what I am experiencing.

Capture2.PNG

Thank you very much- I opened it on my phone to check and saw what I was hoping for. Thank you again for your quick response it is very appreciated.

Debbie

Andy Gladstone
Community Leader
Community Leader
January 11, 2022

You are welcome! I noticed that the first team member does not have her name, just her title and contact info. You may want to update that (Jennifer Forbey).

If my answer helped, please be so kind to mark this question as answered.

Good luck with this project!

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events