How to use Confluence as service provider for JWT authentication

dmitro_podupeiko
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
February 24, 2021

Hi,
I have an issue. I have REST endpoint that shows some private data and I want get this data from endpoint using JWT authentication(I don’t need Basic Auth or other). How can I implement plugin that verifies JWT and if token correct send response from endpoint.
I’ve already read https://developer.atlassian.com/server/confluence/How-to-make-REST-API-endpoints-available-for-JWT-authentication/ article and tried implement, but unfortunately I haven’t understand how it works. If you have some ideas, please advise.

1 answer

0 votes
Shweta Vispute February 25, 2021

Hello @dmitro_podupeiko ,

As I understand it, you want to authenticate your private rest API using the JWT token. This can be achieved by using the add-ons available on the market.

I would like to pitch in the API Token/OAuth Authentication for Confluence add-on to verify the JWT token and authenticate your REST APIs.

The plugin also provides the functionality to generate a JWT token, if you want to use Confluence credentials to generate a JWT token and use it for APIs.

PS: I am a developer at miniOrange, a Top Atlassian SSO Vendor!   

If you have any questions about it or would like to discuss it further, you can reach out to info@xecurify.com.

I hope this helps you!

Thanks,

Shweta.

dmitro_podupeiko
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
February 27, 2021

Hi @Shweta Vispute thank you for your answer.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events