How to uninstall an app before the stupid trial expires?

Scott Beeson May 10, 2024

I signed up for a trial of an app. I immediately hated it. I tried to uninstall it. "You must cancel the trial first". 18 clicks later I have cancelled the trial. I refresh the app management page and the cancellation button is still grayed out. I go back to the Manage Subscriptions page and annoyingly see this:

Pending for cancellation in 30 days

We’ve received your request to cancel this subscription. It will be canceled at the end of your current billing cycle on Jun 9, 2024. You can continue using your app until then.

I don't want to continue using it. I want it to go away NOW. If my users start using this it will be a disaster. I need it gone!

4 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Scott Beeson May 14, 2024

Apparently, this is just a known issue/by design.

https://confluence.atlassian.com/jirakb/can-t-uninstall-apps-after-cancellation-1369277736.html 

The solution is to put in a ticket to the billing team.

Now if only I could figure out how to create a ticket.

https://imgur.com/XjExdMh

Does anyone remember when Atlassian were amazing?

OH GOD YOU HAVE TO CLICK THE "NEED MORE HELP?" LINK AND THAT EXPOSES THE TEXT AREA.

FFFFFFUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU

1 vote
Alexander Daimon
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
May 13, 2024

+1

Same issue here, tried two apps in a trial mode. Now I cannot uninstall them until their trial ends.

Not a money issue, just have two different git integrations in a middle of the issue screen without any ability to remove the unused ones.

What is the purpose of trial, if it is impossible to stop it when one needs ?

Quite a brutal policy I would say.

Scott Beeson May 13, 2024

You've also highlighted the ignorance of removing the "Discussion" option from the community. I hate the forced Q&A format. It makes it look really silly when you want to contribute to the discussion but don't have an answer.

0 votes
Kristian Klima
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 12, 2024

Hi @Scott Beeson 

So you're on a Free Confluence (up to 10 users) and the app is free for up to ten users.

So what you see appears to be some sort of a limbo state... can't uninstall, because you need to cancel the subs, but you can't cancel the sub because there's (effectively) none.

As you are on a free plan and the app is free for you, you will not be charged. I've seen that message / warning many time when I had a Free plan Confluence and was never charged a cent after the trial expired.

You should be able to uninstall the app after the trial.

Having said that, getting in touch with the vendor, as @Brant Schroeder suggested, is a good idea.

There's a 'Get in touch with us' button on the app's pricing tab page (at least on my screen) in the Marketplace.

I'm not worried about being charged.

Like Kristian Klima likes this
0 votes
Brant Schroeder
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 10, 2024

@Scott Beeson What app is it that is preventing your ability to uninstall?

msedge_Y6Yc5vwOvK.pngmsedge_Juru7swUhK.png

Brant Schroeder
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 10, 2024

@Scott Beeson I checked out their documentation and there was nothing of help there.  I would suggest submitting a support issue to the vendor here: https://communardo.atlassian.net/servicedesk/customer/portal/4 

Like Teodora V likes this

It seems like you're implying the 3rd party app vendor controls this? That seems unlikely. Can you confirm that other apps can be uninstalled regardless of trial status?

Brant Schroeder
Community Leader
Community Leader
May 10, 2024

@Scott Beeson I have never run into this issue with any other app.  From what you have shared it looks like it has to do with the application vendor.  I would suggest submitting a support issue to them.  If they are not able to help I see you are on the free plan so I could help escalate this problem to Atlassian.  

Like # people like this

I submitted a ticket, but I'll be shocked if the vendor has any control over this. If they do, Atlassian need to do something about it.

Like Kristian Klima likes this

As expected, the 3rd party vendor cannot do anything about this. They did point me to this KB article: https://confluence.atlassian.com/jirakb/can-t-uninstall-apps-after-cancellation-1369277736.html

Which basically says "This is how it works. If you want it uninstalled immediately, put in a ticket".

I've never worked with a company that requires so many support tickets for basic tasks. It's like Atlassian enjoy spending money on helpdesk staff.

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
FREE
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events