How to split a confluence page?

When I have a confluence page that is getting to large, how do I split it into smaller pages?

[edit:]

I am looking for an automated way to split the page at a given heading level, similar to what the word import function does.

4 answers

1 accepted

Hi Martin,

Could you please elaborate your query in more detail. If you want an automatic splitter, I don't think there is such plugin.

Anyway, if you want to split a page due to perfromance issue (Confluence took a long time to save/edit a huge page) you could copy snippet of your page, create a new page (or child page) and paste it there.

In order to display both main page and its snippet into the same page you could use include page macro.

Hope it helps.

Cheers,
Septa Cahyadiputra

You would need to write a small script using the Confluence Command Line Interface. Use getPageSource to a file, split the file based on your logic, then multiple storePage with some logic to figure out the title of each new page.

There is this plugin: https://marketplace.atlassian.com/plugins/com.glintech.splitpage

At the time of writing this, it's only compatible with Confluence 4.0 - 4.3.7 but it looks promising.

0 votes
Thomas Schlegel Community Champion May 06, 2012

Hi Martin,

I think you have to do it manually:

• Copy the whole page
  • remove the first parts of the copied page
  • rename the copied page

Best regards

Thomas

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Posted Oct 24, 2018 in Confluence

Atlassian Research opportunity with Confluence templates

Do you use templates with Confluence? Take part in a remote 1-hr workshop. You'll receive USD $100 for your time!   We're looking for people to participate in a   remote 1-hr workshop...

1,547 views 25 14
Join discussion

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you