How to split a confluence page?

Martin Kneissl
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
May 6, 2012

When I have a confluence page that is getting to large, how do I split it into smaller pages?

[edit:]

I am looking for an automated way to split the page at a given heading level, similar to what the word import function does.

4 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Septa Cahyadiputra
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 6, 2012

Hi Martin,

Could you please elaborate your query in more detail. If you want an automatic splitter, I don't think there is such plugin.

Anyway, if you want to split a page due to perfromance issue (Confluence took a long time to save/edit a huge page) you could copy snippet of your page, create a new page (or child page) and paste it there.

In order to display both main page and its snippet into the same page you could use include page macro.

Hope it helps.

Cheers,
Septa Cahyadiputra

1 vote
Phillip Ponzer [Cprime]
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 20, 2013

There is this plugin: https://marketplace.atlassian.com/plugins/com.glintech.splitpage

At the time of writing this, it's only compatible with Confluence 4.0 - 4.3.7 but it looks promising.

1 vote
Bob Swift OSS (Bob Swift Atlassian Apps)
Rising Star
Rising Star
May 6, 2012

You would need to write a small script using the Confluence Command Line Interface. Use getPageSource to a file, split the file based on your logic, then multiple storePage with some logic to figure out the title of each new page.

1 vote
Thomas Schlegel
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 6, 2012

Hi Martin,

I think you have to do it manually:

• Copy the whole page
  • remove the first parts of the copied page
  • rename the copied page

Best regards

Thomas

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events