How to search within an expand within a page full of collapsed expand macro's

Hey guys,

I'm currently working on a basic page of information for a product. The page is constructed with a plethora of information behind multiple Expand macros (with a total of 100+ expand macro's each with a lot of info behind each one). My problem is I can't find a search engine/macro that will search within these Expand macro's to display results. It would be best to have that page expanded upon the search.

I'm working with a small team of others working with the following versions:

Again, my knowledge of the inner workings of Confluence is very limited, so a basic explanation would be amazing!! Thanks for your time.

1 answer

Hi Brandon, the "page tree search" macro could be used to display some of the search hits from inside the EXPAND blocks on a seperate page - but when clicking on the header you get redirected to the original page with all of the items folded...

Same problem here - a big alphabetically sorted topic list using EXPAND blocks - but no way to "search and unfold".

Suggest an answer

How to earn badges on the Atlassian Community

How to earn badges on the Atlassian Community

Badges are a great way to show off community activity, whether you’re a newbie or a Champion.

Learn more
Community showcase
Published Thursday in Confluence

Three common content challenges + how to manage them

An efficient enterprise content management system, or ECM, is a must-have for companies that create work online (cough   cough, all companies). If content calendars, marketing plans, and bu...

89 views 0 6
Read article

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you