How to search within an expand within a page full of collapsed expand macro's

ProjectMatthias October 28, 2012

Hey guys,

I'm currently working on a basic page of information for a product. The page is constructed with a plethora of information behind multiple Expand macros (with a total of 100+ expand macro's each with a lot of info behind each one). My problem is I can't find a search engine/macro that will search within these Expand macro's to display results. It would be best to have that page expanded upon the search.

I'm working with a small team of others working with the following versions:

Again, my knowledge of the inner workings of Confluence is very limited, so a basic explanation would be amazing!! Thanks for your time.

2 answers

0 votes
Clint Lester September 11, 2019

I've been having this issue still to this day. Is there any solution to this nearing seven years later? The recommendation is to avoid expand macro in favor of child pages and tabs at this time.

0 votes
Ralf Werner November 7, 2012

Hi Brandon, the "page tree search" macro could be used to display some of the search hits from inside the EXPAND blocks on a seperate page - but when clicking on the header you get redirected to the original page with all of the items folded...

Same problem here - a big alphabetically sorted topic list using EXPAND blocks - but no way to "search and unfold".

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events