How to restore data in a new instance?

liuhaiyang March 3, 2019

For some reasons, I reinstalled a total new confluence instance through the atlassian-confluence-6.14.1-x64.bin.

since my license has been expired, so i apply a trial key. and now i have a brand new confluence instance running.

I have backed up the confluence-home dir and the SQL. How can i restore the data from them?

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Alexey Matveev
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 3, 2019

Hello,

I am not sure what you you mean by saying that you backed up SQL. If it is a dump of the Jira database, then restore this dump to the new server and restore the confluence-home directory. When you start your confluence, you will see a message that your license expired, but you will be able to change it to a new one.

0 votes
Bill Bailey
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 3, 2019

Do you have access to the old instance? There autoback up files there, that you can reimport/restore. If the old instance is running, then perform a full site backup. That is the easiest and quickest way except for really large instances.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events