How to restore all the project documentation from Confluence and tractions from Jira?

makovcov_aleksandr May 14, 2024

In 2022 our team used "Confluence (Cloud) Standard 10 Users" and "Jira Software (Cloud) Standard 10 Users". In 2022 the project was frozen and we stopped to pay subs. Some time ago we decided to rebuild our project and found that all documentation from Confluence has disappeared. The same happened to Jira tractions. How to restore all the project documentation that we have collected over the years?

2 answers

0 votes
Barbara Szczesniak
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 15, 2024

@makovcov_aleksandr 

• If you made backups/exports of your Confluence spaces and Jira projects before you stopped using your sites, you may be able to restore your data from those. If you are again on a paid plan, Atlassian support could help you with that. 
  • If not, then, as @Aron Gombas _Midori_ pointed out, your data cannot be recovered.
makovcov_aleksandr May 15, 2024

We didn't make any backups, unfortunately :(

If I buy a sub again, can I try to reach out to support without any backups? Or will it be still impossible to restore data without backups even on a paid plan? How do you think?

0 votes
Aron Gombas _Midori_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 15, 2024

I am afraid there is an automatic deletion of data after you abandon an Atlassian site. And it is rather likely that there is no "undo".

makovcov_aleksandr May 15, 2024

We used not free plan, it's so weird that atlassian didn't make any backups for cold data storage. 
Thank you for response! :)

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events