How to reset password from Confluence when authenticating against Jira?

mc December 4, 2014

We currently have our Confluence instance authenticating against JIRA and a lot of users are having password issues. In order to reset, they have to go to JIRA, reset their password, then go back to Confluence. Is there any way to reset their JIRA password from Confluence? Currently, if they click the forgot password link in Confluence, they get this message...

"You cannot change the password for this user via Confluence. Please contact your system administrator."

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Benito Picarelli
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
December 4, 2014

Hello there,

Honestly, I don't think there is a workaround for this, considering that you are using JIRA as your user directory base. I seems like your Confluence is read-only in JIRA. An option would be to set it as read-and-write, but that would allow the users to change the Password in JIRA as well as Confluence.

Mallikarjuna Kaveti September 3, 2018

Thanks a lot Benito. Could you please help me find out how to set the option to read/write in confluence. By doing so I believe one is making a choice to change the password for both JIRA and Confluence though they initiate the process of resetting from Confluence domain. Is that right? Please guide. 

Thank you
-Malli

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events