How to render HEIC images in a Confluence page?

Ellie Bachvarova September 10, 2019

I'm using an iPhone to take pictures, and a MacBook Pro to add images to a Confluence page. 

How do I make iPhone images render on a confluence page rather than getting this: 

Screenshot 2019-09-10 at 08.15.33.png(I've copied the image from https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/CONFCLOUD-65672, but the issue is the same and there has been no progress on it since Feb 2019) 

1 answer

0 votes
Shannon S
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
September 16, 2019

Hi Ellie,

Welcome to Atlassian Community. It's nice to meet you.

I've encountered this same issue myself in a variety of places while sharing images from my iPhone. It appears that it's not converting Live Photos properly to a readable image file. I've not only encountered this in Confluence but on Slack, and a variety of 3rd party apps from the App Store.

My workaround for this is to disable the Live Photo on the image that I want to attach. Instructions can be found on Apple's website: Edit Photos and Videos

1. Open the Live Photo.
  2. Tap Edit.
  3. Tap the Live Photo button at the top of the screen, turning off the Live Photo functionality.

You can then upload the image from your iPhone, and you'll see it is now a .jpg file.

You can go back into the photo later if you want to switch back on the Live Photo functionality.

Let me know if you have any trouble with that!

Regards,

Shannon

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events